Students interested in trying out to be a 2021 Minerva Marching Band Majorette or Drum Major need to turn in a try out video no later than May 24. E-mail the video or link to Emily Hummel at email@example.com.
Majorettes Need To Demonstrate The Following:
- Spins (preferably 2 spin, but will accept 1 spin)
- Arm rolls and floor rolls
- Illusion (without a toss is acceptable) at least 2 minutes long
- Vertical and Horizontal tricks, along with movement (avoid stationary)
Drum Majors Need To Demonstrate The Following:
- Marching with a metronome at 90bpm and 120bpm (whole body needs to be visible)
- Conduct along with the following recordings:
“Across The Field” (The Fight Song)
**Overall showmanship is a strong factor for all categories.